Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Holy Hair Balls, Batman!

Sometimes shampoos, conditioners can be so confusing!
There's just so many to choose from. I mean, Holy Cow, there's so may different kinds!!
Well, I'm going to explain all you need to know.
I got inspired by the kids sitting next to me in the library at school...I think they're playing Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh...either way, they haven't washed their hair in a while.
Plus, I left my head phones at home so I can't watch any Youtube videos or my Humanities video!! Darn it all!!!

So what the heck is up with shampoo and conditioner??
Well, if you have curly or uber thick hair, you don't need to wash it very often. I have a friend who washes her's every 3 days. She still bathes, though, so don't worry!! Lol
If you have straight or thin hair, you'll probably need to wash it more.
Our hair gets weighed down much easier.
What shampoos to use also depends on hair types. I'm not as sure on curly headed types, but I know people with "fine" hair like me need a shampoo that is "clear" not "cream-based."
Cream based is for dryer hair and people with hair like me don't even need to condition everyday!!
Also, if you have color treated hair, you may want to be careful of clarifying shampoo. Don't use it very often, just maybe twice a month. It is very good at removing product build up, but can be too drying on dry or colored or permed hair. People with fine hair need to use this.
I don't really like Garnier Fructis products or any kind of conditioner with any form of alcohol listed as an ingredient. Garnier is very heavy. Alcohol is not good for truly healing the hair. Yeah, it makes it softer, but doesn't solve the problem.
This is my biggest pet peeve.
YOU CANNOT HEAL SPLIT ENDS.
You may weigh the ends down with special conditioners, and that is a VERY temporary fix.
The only way to be rid of them is to CUT THEM OFF.
Ok, off that soap box now!
There is such a thing as too much conditioning. I recently read in Teen Vogue that leaving deep conditioner (or any conditioner for that matter) on for too long can make the hair too soft and leave it more vulnerable to breakage.
I liked the Bumble and Bumble Deeeep Conditioner, but it has alcohol as its second ingredient! Sad day :(
I think Aussie makes a pretty good deep conditioner, too.
So, that's my spiel, y'all!
Remember, be careful coloring your hair at home, and be sure to take your vitamins, exercise, and drink TONS of water for the healthiest hair!
Healthy hair begins from the inside!
With all my love, Morgan

No comments: