Thursday, September 22, 2011

So You Don't Like To Wear Make Up???

Well that's ok! Sometimes I don't want to wear make up! If I'm having a good skin day, I don't wanna put base and powder and blush all over it. And there ain't nothing wrong with that!

This subject came to mind when I was recently doing an old friend's make up for her photo shoot. I noticed she didn't wax her eyebrows and thought, "Wow, this girl is so stinkin' pretty, but if she would wax or pluck her eyebrows she would be a knock-out!" So I asked her about it and she said she didn't wanna keep up with it. Which, again, I can't really blame her. Some people aren't eyebrow obsessed like I am!

This got me to thinking though: If all women would do a few things they really wouldn't need much make up...and to the naturally stunning (we all hate you lol) they probably wouldn't need any! So here are my tips to looking beautiful completely (or almost completely lol) natural.

1. Wax them Cave Man brows! Haha. There is a really good video by Kandee Johnson and she tells you how to shape and pluck them by yourself. Click HERE for the video!! I wax my own, but it's because I'm not patient enough to pluck. Plucked brows usually do look better! I'm lucky that my eyebrows are like, clear, so I can fill them in however I want. But if you do have clear brows, you still need to pluck them! I promise you, eyebrows make all the live long difference. If you have a round baby-face, it can help you look more your age. If you have an angular face, it can help soften the sharp angles. If you're old, a well-trimmed brow can take years off your age. Also, I highly encourage filling in your eyebrows if they are "clear" or thin. But that's for a less natural look probably!

2. Clean yo skin! Get a good cleanser. You need to have a routine. Skin loves routines! Once you have picked out a good cleanser, you will probably need a toner and a moisturizer.

3. You must moisturize yo scaly face! Hahaha It should have an SPF of at least 15. Also, if you dislike your complexion, you can get a Tinted Moisturizer. They are really good for people looking to cover redness or just even out a complexion. If you have a lot of redness or rosacea, I think you can buy specialized moisturizers. In the meantime, use a green based cover up on them. Green and red are opposites on the color wheel, so they cancel each other out. There are also moisturizers that contain acne-fighting ingredients. I believe Benzoyl peroxide is a pretty popular one!
Also, you can make your own! If you have a base you like, but it's a little too thick for you, mix it with some facial lotion and slather that stuff on! It also helps your expensive base go a little farther.

4. So this isn't completely natural, but eyelashes are pretty important! If you just hate mascara, you can still curl your eyelashes. My friend, Becca, wasn't allowed to wear make up in junior high, but she still loved how awake her eyes looked when she curled her eyelashes!
You can also take the stage approach to men's (and sometimes women's) make up. Use a clear or brown mascara for a natural, yet defined and awake look!

5. This seems obvious, but brush your hair. Come on, people! Haha.

6. If you want a little color, I suggest a cream blush. They go on light and are easy to control, since you put it on with your fingers!

Ok, so I know I said this would be totally natural, but I couldn't help but talk about tinted moisturizer, cream blush and mascara!

Hope you guys enjoyed the tips and I hope everyone has a great rest of the day!
Make up free and loving it, with all my love, Morgan

No comments: