Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Does Eyeshadow Scare You? Mascara Send Chills Down Your Spine??

Well, I'm here to tell you that your personal Make Up Super Hero will save the day!!!
 Not really, it's just me! Haha
So my sister's best friend Alison asked me about eyeshadows and such. Like, when she should wear them, what colors, how to apply, etc.
I put off typing this up because there is a lot of info on this one!
Eyeshadow colors differs on eye and skin tone; how it's applied depends on eye shape; how you wear it depends on your confidence in your make up abilites.
So here are some basic things to remember:
Don't focus on being trendy. If you don't like smoky eyes or cat eyes, then don't wear them!
Trends don't fit everyone.

Ok for BLUE eyes: Taupes, golds, bronzes, browns, blacks, grays look great. I know because I have blue eyes lol. You can still wear funky colors (I encourage it! for Everyone! Lol) but maybe in less quantities as others. The colors I listed will make the eyes look the best.

For BROWN eyes or BLACK eyes: You can wear everything and look good. Now everyone hates you. The end. Haha but seriously, brown or "black" eyes as some call them, look good with so much. My favorite colors to see are like bronzes, purples, and even green! Green and purple make great smoky eyes surprisingly! Not together...but...oh you get the point! Hahaha. You wouldn't think brown would look good, but if it has some flecks of sparkles, it totally highlights them.

For GREEN eyes: Oh, gosh, again, I love bronzes, golds, browns, and PURPLE! Purple is your color. You don't need a lot. My sister Madison has beautiful green eyes and if I do her make up, I either do a simple cat eye to highlight their beautiful shape, or I'll do a purple smoky eye.

For HAZEL eyes: Some people have hazel eyes and they're usually more green. So follow the green colors. Maybe you want them just to stand out more. I think hazel eyes tend to look great with any color. I love that they change with the color shirt being worn. So wear what you like!

People with GLASSES: Ok, you can wear your make up the same as someone with no glasses. However, my glasses make my eyes look smaller, so I usually just do something simple. I always curl my eyelashes extra good and will probably use some gold (my eyes are blue, remember?) but not a lot. This is just what I do personally, but you can wear your eyeshadow however and still look good in glasses.
So about applying it: (This is wear you need to see someone apply it lol)
If you use primer, apply first.

 The basics are to put the lightest shade of eyeshadow up the highest-I put it all over the lid and onto some of the brow bone, but not up to the actual brow. Depending on the look trying to be achieved, you then put the medium shade into the crease and over the eyelid. The darkest shade is put into JUST the crease! You can put some on the lashline if you wish.
Don't worry about this looking perfect.
You will now take a fluffy, clean, eyeshadow brush and start to blend the colors a little.

(Kandee Johnson does this in her videos...I recommend watching a few!)
Highlight the brow bone underneath your eyebrow and put some of the pearly white or pale pale pink color you used in the tear duct region. This opens the eye.
These steps can be done with any eyeshadow palette.
You can do this for everyday with lighter colors, or add lots of mascara and eyeliner with darker shadows for a smoky eye!

Eyeshadow can be worn everyday, so don't be afraid to try it!
If you don't like the shape you're creating, just take it off and keep practicing. Make up is like any other art form...it has to be practiced!
I hope this helped, and thanks to Alison for suggesting this entry!
If you have any questions on make up application, or any suggestions, please leave a comment!!

With all my love, Morgan


2 comments:

Alison Limke said...

Thanks Morgan, you're absolutely amazing!!

Morgan Black said...

You're so welcome!! Sorry it took so long! Hahaha