Friday, January 6, 2012

Today Is a Great Day

For no particular reason, and for every reason, today is a great day.
I gave up caffeine on the first of January...and I only have a small headache today!
Woo-Hoo!
I had some killer ones earlier this week, but I feel pretty good now!
So that's one plus!
I'm at work and I've been quite productive.
I've researched my degree program at UCO (they have it, huzzah!)
and I researched for two degrees for my mom!
She's going back to school!
To be a school nurse, where she now works, you must have a Bachelor's degree.
She has an Associate's because that's what it takes to be a RN.

It's like I said!
I don't have a particular reason to feel joyful, I just do!
I believe we would call that a "God thing." haha! 

Oh! Oh! I almost forgot to mention this!
Guess who has their first print job tomorrow??
That's right!
Moi!
I'll be sure to fill you in as soon as possible!

So, I wanted to tell you about this really cool new hair styling tool I just got...I need to take pictures so I can show you the difference!
It's called "The Bombshell" Rod Curling Iron from Sultra. I got the one inch rod.
It has definitely taken some getting used to, but here's what I liked:
One) It heats up in like, 5 seconds. I'm not exaggerating.
Two) The shape of the curl is completely different from a straightener curl or even hot rollers.
Three) It gave me a totally different look! I can't wait to use it on clients!
4) It comes with a cleaning cloth...which is so lovely. Hair styling tools can get so grubby looking!
5) I just like new toys! Hahaha

Also, my mama bought me the new Naked 2 palette from Urban Decay for Christmas!
It is as beautiful as I pictured it would be.
I love that it comes with golds and bronzes, but also "Blackout" and some grays and silvers perfect for creating a more classic smoky eye.
And it came with the cutest little tube of the Naked Lip gloss that I seriously love!
I never wear lip gloss...it's just sticky and messy. But this stuff is none of those things!
And the color is gorgeous.
The best colors are probably "snakebite", "Bootycall" (seriously, that's its name haha!) and "halfbaked."
It's kinda pricey (all Urban Decay stuff haha) but I think this would be a better investment than some of their palettes because the colors easily translate from day to night.

Well, that's all folks! Have a great day!!
With all my love, Morgan

No comments: