Sunday, August 21, 2011

7/11 and 5 Inch Heels

Hey Everyone!!

Last night I had a hard time getting to sleep and I thought of all sorts of good subjects I could write about! But then I eventually fell asleep and now I can't remember any of them! Hahah!

So, I live in Small Town, Oklahoma where the biggest thing around here is going to the lake on the weekends and getting a half off drink at the local Sonic during Happy Hour. (Which is, by the way, inferior to 7/11!!)  My friends, family and sometimes random strangers, would describe me as the most over dressed person in the room! This was hard in high school because style was considered Miss Me Jeans and Sinful shirts.(I think I was over all of that stuff by the 8th grade hahaha). I mean, I was the annoying kid who actually wore leg warmers and checker board Vans because I greatly believed in the return of the 80's!

I went through a big phase in the 7th grade where I desperately tried to fit in, but I didn't have the money. I tried to get Abercrombie and Fitch shirts and Hollister jeans, but more often than not I had found these things at Uptown Thrift and Goodwill! By the 8th grade, I fell in with a not-so-good crowd. One good thing to come out of it was the change of clothing. While I was still following my friends, who wore more "punk" and "wanna be goth" clothes, for once I was trying out different styles!

When I got to high school, my love of fashion and history and vintage pieces started coming together. To my freshman formal I wore an awesome Audrey Hepburn type dress and I LOVED it!! I still have it! Ha ha!

The point of all this typing and reading is to say, even if you're from the smallest 6A school in the state of Oklahoma, don't be afraid to be the most over dressed person in the room! So what if I wear leopard booties and skinnies to Wal-Mart? Guarantee you've seen stranger things there! I wear what I like and even though I may feel self-conscious getting my Diet Dr. Pepper at 7/11 in 5 inch wedges, I try to always stay true to myself and my own fashion choices!

Tomorrow I'll update about my sister's senior pictures and the tour of the University of OK!!

With booties and Goodwill,
Love Morgan

No comments: